Stock Transport Order Within One Company
I am trying to create a Stock Transport Order (STO) with document
type UB and item category U. My objective is to transfer material from
Plant (supplying plant) 100 to Plant (receiving plant) 1100 within one
company code (1000) with STO.
For this purpose I created a raw material 1434 in plant 1000 with
sales org 1 view and in that view entered in delivering plant field 1000
as delivery plant. After that I extended material 1434 to plant 1100 without
changing anything what I did while creating the material first in Plant
1000 except in organizational level I entered 1100 in the plant field.
I entered Sales org 1000 and distribution channel 10 in organization level
for both plant while creating and extending the material. In me21n I chose
Stock Transport Order with document type UB and item category as U also
receiving Plant as 1100. With this when I tried to save the STO the message,
I am getting an error, Cannot determine shipping data for the material
I am doing solely mm function why I need to create Customer master?
In this case plant 1100 is the customer right?
1. Mat.(1434) should be maintained in both the plants. (1000&1100).
2. Should have enough stock in supplying plant(1000).
3. Make its supplying plant as a vendor in vendor master record in receiving
4. Make it receiving plant as a customer in customization.
Create customer (xd01) & and define the shipping
data for plants in both the plants.
Path: spro – img – m.mgmt – purchasing – po – set
up STO – define shipping data (1 by1 )
In Receiving plant (1100)
In Supplying plant (1000)
Customer num. 123345 (for ex.)
Customer num. --------- (don't fill)
Sales div. y
5. Assign doc. Type is "NL" for intra company STO. If STO is
inter company, Assign doc. Type is "NLCC".
Position doc type is "UB"
Enter supplying plant(1000) & doc type (NL)
& checking rule (ex:01)
6. Assign doc. Type is "UB" to u'r plants.(PO)
Go for new entries
Enter supplying plant(1000) & Receiving plant
(1100) & doc type (UB).
7. Create a PO, choose the doc type is `UB' & item cat.'U', Enter
supplying plant as a vendor in PO of the receiving plant(1100).
8. Provide this num (PO) to SD people, they will do the delivery by
using transactional code is VL10B.
9. Sales people they will provide "out bound delivery num".
10. Do the GR. In GR the second tab 05 out bound delivery instead of
PO mov.type 101.
11. See the stock over view in the receiving & supplying plants.
SAP MM Reference Books:
SAP Material Management
Interview Questions, Certification and Configuration Books
SAP MM Purchasing
SAP MM (Materials Management)
Configuration Hints and Tips
Return to :-
SAP ABAP/4 Programming, Basis
Administration, Configuration Hints and Tips
(c) www.gotothings.com All material on this site is
Every effort is made to ensure the content integrity.
Information used on this site is at your own risk.
All product names are trademarks of their respective
companies. The site www.gotothings.com is in no way affiliated
with SAP AG.
Any unauthorised copying or mirroring is prohibited.